Connect with us

Recent Fatal Social Media Challenge Resulting in Teenagers’ Demise


Recent Fatal Social Media Challenge Resulting in Teenagers’ Demise

Chroming: The Deadly Craze on Social Media Claiming Lives of Teenagers

A hazardous social media phenomenon known as “chroming” is snatching the existences of teenagers, leading to tragic outcomes. A 13-year-old adolescent from Australia tragically passed away after inhaling fumes from an aerosol deodorant can during this perilous trend. Now, her mourning parents are speaking out, determined to stop further fatalities brought on by this alarming social media craze.

var pref_connatix_event_title_prefix = ‘ConnatixLarge’;var prefMainPlayer=pref_connatix_event_title_prefix;var pref_connatix_catapultx_id = ‘tdw-main-player’;

!function(n){if(!window.cnxps){window.cnxps={},window.cnxps.cmd=[];var t=n.createElement(‘iframe’);t.display=’none’,t.onload=function(){var n=t.contentWindow.document,c=n.createElement(‘script’);c.src=””,c.setAttribute(‘async’,’1′),c.setAttribute(‘type’,’text/javascript’),n.body.appendChild(c)},n.head.appendChild(t)}}(document);

cnxps.cmd.push(function () {
playerId: getUrsCtxStoryPlayer() ,”customParam1″:getUrsPI(),”customParam2″:getUrsSTI(),”customParam3″:”ConnatixMain”,settings: {queryJsTargeting:{apsTargetingKey:getUrsTI().split(‘_’).slice(0,1).join(‘_’).toLowerCase()},advertising: {macros: {“CustomMacro1″:getUrsPI(),”CustomMacro2″:getUrsSTI(),”CustomMacro3″:”ConnatixMain”}}}

Esra Haynes tragically succumbed to chroming while attending a slumber party with companions on March 31. Initially, her peers believed she was undergoing a panic episode, oblivious to the fact that her system was actually shutting down. Haynes went into cardiac arrest and was swiftly taken to the medical facility, where she remained on life support for eight grueling days.

Paul Haynes, the girl’s father, disclosed their heart-wrenching narrative on the Australian television program A Current Affair. Brain scans unveiled irreversible impairment, prompting the family to make the agonizing choice to withdraw life support. They are now steadfast in cautioning other youngsters about the hazards of this increasingly prevalent social media fad that offers a swift euphoric state.

Chroming is not a recent phenomenon, and it has led to numerous fatalities. The UNSW National Drugs and Alcohol Research Centre documented 164 deaths related to inhalant misuse in Australia between 2000 and 2021, with teenagers constituting nearly one-third of these incidents.

Prior occurrences involve 16-year-old Chloe Rowe from Queensland, who sustained severe brain injuries after inhaling deodorant in 2021. Another 16-year-old boy from Australia passed away a year after inhaling chemicals from a deodorant can.

The term “chroming” originated from sniffing chrome-infused paint, but it now encompasses the inhalation of volatile substances like gasoline, adhesive, and solvents as recreational substances.

According to The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, initial symptoms post acute exposure might encompass hallucinations, diminished neurological functions, indistinct speech, and muscle control loss. Nonetheless, chroming can lead to more serious complications like brain damage, seizures, breathing difficulties, excessively rapid cardiac rhythm, and abrupt fatality.

The tragic departure of young lives due to chroming serves as a solemn reminder of the dangers tied to this unsettling trend. It is imperative for guardians, educators, and society at large to elevate awareness about the deadly outcomes of these social media challenges and collaborate to safeguard vulnerable teenagers from succumbing to these unsafe practices.

More in Entertainment



To Top